Wednesday, February 20, 2013

In the Beginning...

Over the last few years, we started referring to the property as "the farm". There  are no farm animals, but there is a quaint red barn where the previous owners kept horses. Next door is a tree farm, which is not only lovely to look at, but also adds to the peaceful feeling that I get when I'm out there. Any doubts I have about our upcoming experience always fly out the window when I am actually there. There is a sense of peace and calm, and I look forward to waking up to that one day.



There are two ponds on the property. Initially, we thought we would focus on the one behind the red barn. It has a small dock, and the kids spent the summer in a paddle boat exploring in it. But after a bit of a drought, that pond has all but dried up. So our focus has become the bigger pond at the front of the property. Our driveway will wrap around this pond, so Tony decided to have it dug out and designed so that it will stay full. You can see the before and after. It was amazing to see it look like just a small bit of water one day, and then almost a small lake after a few rains. The kids even put the paddle boat in this past weekend to inaugurate it...

I haven't given a lot of thought to what it might look like when it is finished, but maybe Monet's pond at Giverny? On Golden Pond? I'll keep you posted....until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely property and pond! Lucky you:) Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberta! I am very excited about this new adventure:)

      Delete