Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 1...The Journey Begins

When  I was in college, I had a poster on my wall that read "Today is the first day of the rest of your life". Well, today sort of feels like that for me. I am so excited to begin this new blog, sharing the adventure of building our new home.

My husband, Tony and I, after years of thinking about it, are about to break ground on our new home. We began our married life as "city folks" in Atlanta, Ga., in a lovely starter home that Tony had basically remodeled on his own. Fast forward a couple of years, and it became too small for our family, including my two daughters Rachel and Kelly, our newborn Matthew, and our doberman, Bella. So off we moved to the suburbs in Buford, Ga. , where we spent the next few years. But after adding baby Gabrielle, and seeing Rachel and Kelly off to college, we decided to move even further out into the country, to the small town of Bogart, which is just minutes from the University of Georgia.

We found a lovely home, but in our heart of hearts, it was not our "dream home", whatever that term means. Tony had always dreamt of living on a lot of land, a farm of sorts, and I had always wanted to create a home that felt like..."us". After a few years, we found the perfect spot, bought the land...and waited. This year, we decided the time is right. Our two oldest have blessed us with 4 beautiful grand kids, and our two youngest are 13 and 15, still young enough to enjoy the house and land. And we are ready...

I hope you will join us on this journey. Having never done this before from "the ground up", I look forward to sharing information, ideas... and all of the trials and tribulations that are sure to come. I also hope to get feedback from all of you, because I know that inspiration comes from so many different places.

I love all things french, all things fashion, and all things art and decor, so I am sure these things will find their way into my posts each day...

I look forward to sharing this with you...so off we go...until tomorrow...

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment