Wednesday, February 27, 2013

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.: Cicero




Mornings like this , I start imagining what the property will look like this time next year. I dream about gardens, flowers, vines, olive trees...I don't yet know what will work and what won't work, but I plan on having fun figuring it out.

At our previous home, Tony built a beautiful garden and waterfall:

There are two ponds on the farm. Both were in sad shape when we first bought the property, but after being dug out and maintained (and a lot of rain!), they are both looking great. I look forward to gathering ideas for the landscaping. I am thinking more towards English gardens and Provencial fields....lavender, lavender lavender....

Throw in an a few olive trees....

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love to have a lavender field! How gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lavender fields remind me of Miss Alice Rumphius planting lupines in the wild :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my all time favorite books:)

    ReplyDelete