Sunday, August 24, 2014

Building la Maison...At Last



Well, it's been almost a year and a half since my last post. Finalizing house plans and finding a contractor turned out to be more challenging than we thought. I decided to wait until things were well underway to post again. And now things are well under way. We broke ground a few months ago, and now framing is complete.



                                          Tony tells me that everything moves very slowly after framing, so when
                                           people ask when it will be finished, I tend to say "next spring".
                                           The plumbing is in, the HVAC is in, and now the electrician is here. I find 
                                           it really interesting to listen to all the different discussions that go on.
                                           Where do all of the outlets go? What kind of lighting will go where?
                                           When I think of lighting, I think of this:
                                           


or maybe even this...





but it's really more about this...

Either way, I love being part of the process. Really thinking about what will be practical...and pretty.

So, here we ago again. But this time, we really are off and running.

Until tomorrow.











No comments:

Post a Comment